Post: Receptionist – Temporary for 6 months in the first instance
Hours: 10 - 16 per week – rota basis
Department: Lisburn Travel Clinic and GP Reception
Reports to: Practice Manager, Practice Administrator and GPs in Practice
Based at: Lisburn Health Centre
The successful candidate will be required to have a good telephone manner, clear speaking voice, and excellent interpersonal, organisational and keyboard skills.
He/she will be attached to Lisburn Travel Clinic and Dr Patterson’s Practice and is responsible for the reception of patients and all appropriate clerical duties associated with the efficient organisation of the Practice and Travel Clinic.
He/she will be expected to observe total confidentiality in all aspects of this employment.
The candidate will be expected to be flexible within working hours from 8.30am until 6.00 Mon to Fri and be available until 8pm on a Tuesday or Thursday evening when required.
The following duties may be included:
- Open and action incoming mail.
- Process outgoing mail
- Receiving and sending of email in order to facilitate efficiency within the Practice and Travel Clinic.
- Make and receive telephone calls and take appropriate action.
- Other clerical duties including word processing/use of computer to ensure efficient organisation of the Practice and Travel Clinic.
- Update, maintain and monitor records and filing systems as required.
- Use scanning equipment, fax machines, photocopiers, shredders etc., and ensure faults are reported when necessary.
- Ensure sufficient office supplies are maintained.
- Liaise with other disciplines, outside agencies and departments, in a helpful and professional manner to assist in the provision of the service.
- Reception and management of patients and clients to include dealing with their enquiries in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Arrange and facilitate clinics and surgeries including Travel Clinic.
- Processing of repeat prescriptions and sickness certificates in accordance with Practice policy.
- Perform data entry as required.
- To arrange appointments and deal with client/patient enquiries in practice and Travel Clinic.
- To undertake cash handling duties in relation to the Practice and Travel Clinic.
- To ensure all protocols are adhered to in relation to Practice and Travel Clinic finance.
- Make full use of the I.T. systems available to produce work of a consistently high standard including use of Lab Links and registration links.
- Collect and collate statistical information as required.
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to all information within the department.
- To participate in meetings as appropriate to work and in the development of the practice and the Trust.
- Ensure quality standards are adhered to in all aspects of this employment.
- To ensure that all policies and procedures relating to the practice and Travel Clinic are implemented.
- Adhere to complaints procedure and record appropriately.
- To participate in regular Performance and Development reviews
- Attend mandatory training and undertake further training if required in order to meet changing needs of the practice/organisation.
- Undertake other duties and special projects as delegated by manager.
The post holder must ensure that all information is recorded, stored and used in a confidential manner consistent with current legislation, and Practice procedures
Comply with the requirements of the Practice procedures for dealing with complaints and maintain the awareness of users of the service and encourage their contribution towards development and evaluation of the service.
Establish good housekeeping systems, particularly in regard to energy conservation and management of resources.
Value for money must remain a prime consideration in the provision of this service.
Health and Safety
The post holder must accept responsibility for his/her own personal safety and welfare and contribute to that of others by continuous involvement in the application of current health and safety legislation within the Trust.
The Practice operates a no smoking policy.
Dr Patterson’s Practice and Lisburn Travel Clinic is committed to providing the highest possible quality of service to patients, clients and community. Staff is expected at all times to provide a caring service and to treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner.
Staff Performance and Development
All staff is required to participate in staff performance and development review annually. The aim of this is to encourage growth of the individual and the service.
The post holder must undertake mandatory training and further training if necessary in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation. They must also assume responsibility for ensuring all training is kept updated.
This job description is neither restrictive nor definitive and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
Please apply via Job Centre Online.
Closing date 31/10/2019 @ 6pm. Any CV received after this time will not be considered.